2nd International Conference on Large-Scale Grid Integration of Renewable Energy in India
USAID, Deutsche Gesellschaft for Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), and Department for International Development, United Kingdom, under the bilateral cooperation with the MOP and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), are jointly hosting India’s 2nd International Conference on “Large-Scale Grid Integration of Renewable Energy” in New Delhi in September 2019. The conference will gather international experts and Indian stakeholders to jointly discuss the latest technological, regulatory and conceptual developments in this exciting field.
This conference is the second edition of the 1st International Conference, held in September 2017. The 1st conference featured more than 400 participants from 18 different countries, representing more than 120 organizations, including private and public companies, research institutions and universities. Sixty invited national and international speakers presented papers, including international experts from power utilities (MISO, Xcel Energy, Energinet, etc.), system operators (ERCOT, 50 Hertz, ENTSO etc.), technical institutions (NREL, LBNL, IEA, IRENA, etc.), regulators (NARUC), and private organizations (GE, AWS Truepower, Siemens, etc.) from the U.S., Germany and other European countries.
- Discuss technical and economic issues of the large-scale integration of solar and wind power, including the recent advances in transmission technologies
- Discuss worldwide project experiences
- Discuss innovative ideas and present results from ongoing research
- Stimulate interdisciplinary thinking between renewable energy and power transmission and distribution industries, as well as universities
- Identify subjects requiring more research efforts
The “Call for Papers 2019” is open. If you would like to present a paper at the conference please upload an abstract of maximum 3,000 characters (free style) between January 15 – March 31, 2019. For details visit our webpage: http://regridintegrationindia.org/