AGC Pilot Workshop – NP Kunta Ultra Mega Solar Plant
May 15, 2018- Andhra Pradesh, USAID’s GTG-RISE Initiative in partnership with POSOCO and Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh (AP TRANSCO-SLDC) organized a capacity building workshop focused on implementing Automatic Generation Control (AGC) Pilot at the NP Kunta Ultra Mega Solar Park on May 15, 2018 in Vijayawada. During the workshop, POSOCO shared the concept and learnings from the AGC pilot implemented at the Dadri Thermal Power Plant and representatives from Southern Regional Power Committee (SRPC) and AP TRANSCO-SLDC stressed on the need of commercial mechanisms for enabling solar AGC pilot at NP Kunta. The discussions later focussed on technical and commercial aspects on the AGC pilot as well as the required regulatory framework for countrywide implementation. The workshop was attended by 39 participants, which included representation from POSOCO, AP TRANSCO-SLDC, Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (APERC), Andhra Pradesh Solar Power Corporation Private Limited (APSPCL), Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation Limited (APGENCO), Southern Regional Load Despatch Center (SRLDC) and SRPC.
- Session 1- Greening the Grid- Program Overview, Background, and Context
- Session 2 Importance of AGC for Secondary Control
- Session 3 Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) Experience
- Session 4 Pilot Methodology and Compensation mechanism for AGC pilot at NP Kunta
- Session 5- Facilities at State Load Despatch Centre (SLDC), Andhra Pradesh for enabling AGC