Capacity Building Workshop on Network Planning and Technical Studies for Large Scale Renewable Energy Deployment
September 13, 2017- Jaipur, The workshop was organized in collaboration with Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited (RVPN). Rajasthan Principal Secretary- Energy and Chairman and Managing Director (CMD), RVPN, Sanjay Malhotra emphasized that renewable is the future and sooner we apply ourselves to it, the better will it be. He acknowledged that the recent study has accumulated a lot of energy data, and urged the participants to study the voltage patterns and try to make sense of it. “This pilot will enable us to come up with more informed and accurate solutions to the challenges in implementing Renewable Grid Integration.”, he said. The workshop witnessed participation of more than 50 engineers from RVPN and Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation Limited (RRECL).
- Greening the Grid Program Overview
- Session 1 Pilot Background and Context Setting
- Session 2 Reactive Power Management and Voltage Control in VRE regime
- Session 3 Insights from recent power systems modelling for Rajasthan
- Session 4- Experience of U.S. in resource planning and technical studies in view of large-scale VRE deployment